What services do you offer?
My services include public relations campaigns for artists in all genres who are releasing albums, EPs, singles and videos, or announcing tours. I also offer individual bio and press release writing.
What do most campaigns consist of?
- New artist bio (Long & Short versions)
- New EPK containing bio, press photo, one-sheet, exclusive artist Q&A, and all relevant audio/visual links
- Album/Tour announcement press release sent to national mailing list at outset of campaign
- Follow-up press release sent one week prior to album release/tour kick-off
- Pitching/follow-up to national print and broadcast media, including CBC and campus radio, with concentrated efforts on tour date markets (print features / on-air interviews and performances)
- Regular social media updating
- Final report of full media reach
How long do campaigns last?
Either six weeks or three months. Ideally, a campaign would revolve around tour dates, and that schedule would largely dictate the length of the campaign.
What are your rates?
My fees are competitive with all Canadian music publicists. Please contact me for a quote.
Do you work with independent artists on limited budgets?
Yes, in most cases. If a six-week or three-month campaign does not fit your plan, I also offer an affordable basic PR package consisting of a new bio for your purposes and a press release sent to my mailing list of over 1,000 Canadian media and music industry contacts.
Do you do radio servicing and tracking?
As part of a six-week or three-month campaign, I will service your release to CBC and Canadian campus radio, but not commercial radio. I do not do radio tracking, but I am able to potentially arrange interviews in specific markets.
What is your timeline for a campaign?
A campaign should begin no later than two months prior to the product release date or tour kickoff. This will ensure all media tools are in place and will provide sufficient lead time to media outlets.
Do you only work within Canada?
Am I able to see examples of your bio writing?
Yes. I can send samples upon request, and you can also learn more about my writing at the website for my current Ebook: http://www.beforetheymakemerun.com
Do you work with festivals?
Yes. I have experience doing festival PR and can offer a three-month package, or work on exclusive retainer.